I spent the day pouring over reference pictures and carefully plotting out the complete star pattern onto the cape. The striped side is easier as the color seperation kind of creates a graph for you to identify the placement. The red side on the other hand is a little more difficult, because they are just floating in this very large field of red.
I did not realize when I began that there were small blue stars on the cape, so they are represented by some cut outs that I made from the blue muslin. In addition there is one large blue star which I also did not spot until today.
The stars are still only pinned in place. My goal for tomorrow is to get them all attached.
Whew! that's a lot of stars, but they do make her look fabulous.