Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Craftsy BOM - April

This is me playing blogging catch up....my bad:)
Don't be surprised if you see a flurry of posts, all things I wanted to share with you in April but just couldn't get my blogging mojo going. 
This post features my Block of the Month for April....yes April...and here we are mid May!!
and no I have not even started my May blocks.....but I have started my beach quilt...:D but more on that a little later.


This first block for April is called " Hexi Stripe Block" and it used paper templates.
After printing the template up I made copies out of freezer paper which I than ironed onto my fabric scraps.
I enjoy doing this kind of hand work in the evening don't you?
It's so relaxing.


The 2nd block for this month, was a bit of a free for all using the hexagon.
I did not care for the pattern that our instructor Amy had chosen, so after playing with the templates for a bit I settled on this.  I think it will work better with the rest of the blocks, but time will tell.  In fact it just may be time to attempt a picture of the completed blocks together.  

For those of you taking this free class, are  you keeping up each month, or have you become sidetracked with some other fabulous project? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...