Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sewing Cafe-Retirement Pillow Project

 Judy A(student of sewing cafe) came up with this brilliant gift idea.


A Pillow made from men's ties.
Her brother retired recently after 40 years of teaching.  What was the first thing on his retirement agenda but to get rid of all of his ties.  Judy scooped them up to make this memorable gift.  
She opened them all up and then crazy quilted them on to a muslin backing.


Once she had the front complete I went through my fabric stash to find these complimentary cording and backing pieces. So masculine right?

Easy project, Great gift!

2 comments:

  1. As a bit of a vintage tie fanatic, I give this project thumbs WAY up - beautiful, especially since it was created from memories :)

    *sigh* I'm about to go for my third attempt at deciphering the captcha here....sorry but I HATE those things!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...