Sewing Cafe

Patterns, Tutorials and Works in Progress from the Sewing Studio of Lynne Williams

Monday, July 6, 2009

Sule's Silk top


The Pattern # is Vogue8155 and is currently out of print. Its rated easy and the directions were simple enough to follow. For more information go to the Pattern Review link at left.

I would also like to see this pattern done in a silk jersey, or rayon lycra which would create a heavier drape to the lower bodice accomplishing a closer fit to the body. I do love this fabric ( a silk seersucker) which reminded me of whipped cream. That image is furthered by the silk ribbon I placed in the hemline which supported the fullness at the hem so that the overall image is a dollop of whipped cream. I am hoping to make a high waisted pencil skirt to compliment this look which was made for my soon to be 20 daughter.

I am also thinking of making this as a neglige' for myself.

I would like everyones opinions on providing detailed pictures and instructions on my sewing process. I have thought about incorporating this in our class blog, or starting another for that purpose. What are your thoughts?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...